Sunday, August 10, 2014

Weekly Watakushi Mail

Yasuyo, the mother of the family we are teaching, is progressing really well and we have spent a lot of time with her and her family this week, including eating tacos for lunch and playing basketball - and she is really beginning to feel like the Church and our message is true. Yesterday she came to Church and is really bonding with the members (her second time to Church). I know she will be baptised!
Unfortunately our goal for 5 baptisms in August doesn't seem very likely with the investigators we have now but two of them in particular are really progressing. Umeda is recognising the Spirit and is absolutely loving the Book of Mormon. I know that she will be baptised too.
This week I have really been focusing on, more than ever, praying, reading and pondering to really know what direction we need to go with these wonderful people and.. we're really getting there! More than ever I have needed what we have learnt recently at zone conference - going by the Spirit.
I will be honest, up until now I have never worried so much about what exactly they need to strengthen their small but evidentally existant conviction that this is what they need. But little by little, the Lord is showing us the way for that to happen. I have never felt God's love for someone so strongly as I have these past few weeks. So there's that!


No comments:

Post a Comment