Monday, April 13, 2015

Weekly Bean-chan Mail

"It's a boy!" Elder Reed from Utah, new companion and what can I say, my boy has already made me so proud. I'm training, I guess, but he's way sweet and we have a really good relationship so just hard work and miracles from here on out!

Takeda-san is our investigator who I have been mentioning these past few weeks. He's 22 and is married with a 1 year old son. Elder Mahler (previous District Leader) and I met him on companion exchanges, and we have taught him about 5 times now. We have grown really close and now we're all way good friends! We went over and helped him move some things around his house, and we invited him to conference. Before that we met and talked about some questions he had about the Word of Wisdom and Tithing, which he read about online in between our visits. He understands what we teach him really well and has really come to gain a greater understanding of why, as members of Christ's church, we do what we do and don't do what we don't do. I called Saturday morning and he said he probably can't make it, but then he called on Sunday morning like "What was it that you were inviting me to again? Is it really okay if I go?" but then he didn't turn up, so in between sessions I called like "are you coming?" and he totally forgot, so I told him we'll be over at his place soon and we'll walk with him to the Church and he was up for that, so we did, and got to Church a little bit before the last session of conference, so he got to (for the first time) meet all the members and got to know them all a little. Turns out when he was in high school, living in Tokyo, the missionaries were teaching his family! Then, today he called saying thanks, and asked if we had Church every week, saying "invite me again, ok!" So things are going really well with him. In our last lesson he accepted the invitation to be baptised, saying if he can really come to know it's true, then he will.

Santaro-san is the man we meet every second week, and he is very sincere about our meetings, and you can tell how it touches his heart every time we go over there. The Ishibe's (part-member family) are still great, and Rena-chan is a champion!

This transfer Elder Reed and I are just going to work super hard and show our faith and obedience to God so He can trust us and so that we can find someone prepared to teach and be baptised, and also to be able to help our friends we're working with now.

Photos: Our beloved Eikaiwa class, Elder Moe & his companion just before he left, and my new companion Elder Reed.








No comments:

Post a Comment