Monday, January 12, 2015

Weekly Jitensha ga kirai Mail

Transfer call day, will throw up from nervousness I promise.

This week ai suru District Leader Elder Fender came to Nakatsu and we went on companion exchanges. Our best contact was these two breakdancers that came to the front of the train station just before we started heading home. 

Another time Elder Malaska and I rode out 45 mins to another town, but my tire died as soon as we got there, so we talked to a few people, then walked and hour and 45 mins back and bought a new tire and tube. Then, yesterday, we rode another 45 mins in a different direction to a different town, and I accidentally rode over a screw which went right through my tire, so we spent 2 hours walking that one home. Also a random guy gave us two calendars and some bystanders in a truck laughed as they saw two white people trying to ask this Japanese dude why he's giving them calenders, not speaking any Japanese back because there's no way two white kids know Japanese. 

I guess we are supposed to stay in our own town. Actually, one day we did exactly that (didn't try to escape Nakatsu) and had quite a few interesting experiences. 
One door, a teenage girl answered and we talked a little, then her Dad came out yelling shoo-ing us away, and we just kind of chuckled and went to hand her a flyer but he got pretty aggressive so we just said bye, then as we were walking off we heard him yelling at her, then her crying. Just there in the middle of the street we said a prayer and the fight stopped. Before I felt like I was about to start crying (seriously) but then I felt peace, and hope that she will meet missionaries again some day. 
Another door was an old man, who left us to answer the phone, so we left too. But then I felt like we should go back, so we did and I said I just wanted to give him a flyer and testify, so I did. He seemed to appreciate it, even though he still didn't have any interest. But I felt good that I followed what I recognized was a prompting, and was given an opportunity to testify.
At a different door we gave a Book of Mormon to a young woman, and along the same street we gave a great short message on eternal families to a young father and his three daughters - both of these contacts said we could come back.
Lastly we gave a really great message about God to an older lady who said she can't believe in God because of an acquintance who had a stillborn birth. With all the love, humility and sincerity that I had I bore testimony to her that we all have hard experiences and trials, but that God is there and He does love us and wants to help us. I asked how she felt when we shared those things with her and she said she felt our sincerity and appreciated it.

This transfer is a lot like my first - not a lot of teaching but a whole lot of housing. The difference is now I can recognize the Spirit and miracles so often. It's really changing me, and I am more thankful than ever.

Also this week we did service for Satomi Shimai (who if you have me on Facebook you may have seen her photos), and had a Family History activity after Church. We invited lots of people to Church this week, because we were planning on having a lunch together and also this activity, and four non-members came! A wonderful blessing.




No comments:

Post a Comment