Monday, May 26, 2014

Weekly Swagtastic Mail

Okay before you condemn me for the title, let me explain. This week the four of us Ishigaki Missionaries went to our investigators for lunch and a lesson, and this investigator loves speaking English words (in Japanese sentences). At one point he was expressing his excitement for something and he said "fantastic" and Elder Kishihara, from Tokyo, said "yeah, swagtastic" and it just made us 3 English-speaking missionaries crack up because we have no idea how he learnt that word or if he knows it's not even an actual word. So then later in the week Elder Kishihara and I were on companion exchange and when we left an investigators house he said it while shaking his hand, and just for some reason, that 'word' coming out of his mouth is just hysterical. So now it's our motto, and we say it leaving all our investigators. They love it. Good BRT. Also helps them learn English. 

We flew half an hour to the other island that makes up our district, with four missionaries, Miyako. The Zone Leaders came down and we had a super spiritual zone training, really pumped after that one!

During the companion exchange I led 3 lessons with investigators, and sometimes I suprise myself at how much my Japanese has improved. Or so I think, until they start talking about non-Gospel related topics. Then I'm just out.

When Elder Kishihara and I came back from Miyako, as Elder Lefrandt and Elder Henderson flew to Naha for a meeting (hence the companion exchange) I told Elder Kishihara that I didn't have keys to the apartment, that I thought he had them, so he started freaking out, and he was going to call the only active Priesthood holder on the island before I mentioned he was off the island for work, and I kept playing it saying we were going to have to stay at one of the elderly sisters houses. He was freaking out so much, but then I took out the keys and we had a good old laugh about it.

I had my second ever lesson in English! With a somewhat-new-investigator, who is totally awesome! And she has a baptisimal date that she is working towards. The Spirit was so strong, and we worked so well as a companionship; experiences, switching off, testifying on everything.. I can't wait to get to that point with my Japanese! 

But that's all.
Photos!
Elder Kishihara and I, minutes before it bucketed down with rain..even though it looks fine, right?
Elder Lefrandt (my companion) and I with one of our investigators who is currently quitting smoking so he can be baptised! His name is Karimata and we have been meeting with him for about 7-8 weeks now.
District Lunch (first ever) in Miyako with the Zone Leaders

Thanks for your letters and emails! Love you all.
Elder Wheeler





No comments:

Post a Comment