Friday, February 7, 2014

Last week at the MTC


This week has gone so fast, it's crazy! This is my last e-mail from the MTC in Utah, because this weekend I'll be going to Japan! Monday 4:30am we need to check in to the front desk, and we're flying from Salt Lake City to LA, then to Narita, Japan and then to Fukuoka, Japan! I'm so excited but a little nervous. Flying here (on my own too) was a piece of cake, because I spent so much time preparing for it. But I totally forgot to prepare myself for leaving! I've made so many awesome friends, it's going to be sad to say goodbye to them, like Elder Moua and Lewis going to Tokyo South and Elder Barr going to Kobe. And all our Kohai and what we call our Dai Kohai, who will be here for a while after we leave. I've made sure our Kohai know what Jen looks like so when she gets here they can say hi and put a good word in for me.

Last week I went to Jen's mission, salt lake city temple square mission. She doesn't get there for another almost 2 months (after the MTC) but we met some really nice Sisters who showed us a few things and bore their testimonies and it was really great. We saw the conference center, didn't get to do a session at the temple because it was closed for renovations, but instead did a service project at the humanatarian center - we made blankets. 

 

Today we have been packing but we've all had a blast together just chilling out. I totally said a nek minute joke the other day and everyone just looked at me funny. I'm just about over all the attention I get from being Australian (okay no really I love it) so I'm excited to go to Japan and get attention for being blonde with blue eyes instead of just saying things *normally.* (see what I did there?)

 

It was our last week with our kyudosha (role played by our teachers) which was pretty sad but we left them both on a high note with a strong spirit. Even though they're role plays, anyone's relationship with God can be strengthened and it's great for that to happen with both myself and my companions, and our teacher. I'd love to work at the MTC.

 

So just a few more days until I'm in Japan (like I've been saying for the last few weeks haha) but next time I'll be able to email will probably be not this week but the week after, not too sure. But I'm excited and I'm thankful for all your emails this week! And, again, harass Slackson Corona for not emailing me ever. Thank you!

 

Aishite Imasu!

ウイーラー長老
 




 

1 comment:

  1. great post Lisa ..love it that the Elders were making a tie Quilt...he he ...Jayme is going to be one awesome missionary ..and the fact he has blonde hair and blue eyes will definitely be a draw card and a chance to open conversation for him...

    ReplyDelete