Monday, February 17, 2014

First week, first area


Well, Im in Ishigaki! Its one of the Okinawan islands, its closer to Taiwan to mainland Japan. If Okinawa is like Tasmania (which is saying a lot, right?) then Ishigaki is like Bridport. Its just this awesome beachtown full of japanese culture! every one here is so cool, like everyone talks to you! We have already seen the miracles of sacrifice and hard work, my driving force has been the words of our teacher, Brother Fowers, his MTC teacher from before his mission who said "the days you want to work the least are the days you need to work the hardest" so Im trying as hard as I can to do everything I can, to just constantly move forward, smash through any obstacles, and I have already seen the rewards of the sacrifice, through helping people come closer to Christ in whichever way they are ready to do. And sometimes all that is, is sharing our beliefs and inviting them to read the Book of Mormon, or to pray. Its beautiful and my testimony of missionary work has increased so much this week.

 

If you have my address I'd love to hear from you in a physical letter, because I dont really have much time to email here, but I appreciate everyones time!

 

Love from Elder Wheeler
 
Elder Wheeler and Elder Rogers

rooms in their flat

Add caption




No comments:

Post a Comment