Monday, September 28, 2015

Weekly Gunjin Galore Mail

I'll make this short, this week we taught more lessons than I ever had in a week. Motoko and Kawahira came to church, and it feels good to have people to teach who are progressing again. Kawahira is excited to be baptised this Thursday, so stay tuned for that. Motoko is planning on being baptised on October 31.

We have been spending a bit of time with the Military members, hoping to build our relationships, breaking away from the "I don't know how to do missionary work with you because you're not Japanese" kind of deal that we all have when we transfer to Okinawa. Basketball, soccer (I'd say I'm improving but that's a lie - at least I know what "offside" means now though), a Baptism for a members child, and a BBQ party at the beach. It was the only day it's rained in a long time but we had good shelter, good food and good company so it was for sure worth it. I'm glad I'm not American otherwise all this food would make me trunky. I know my Mum isn't the only one hoping it'll fatten me up a little.

Speaking of being trunky, that couldn't be further from the truth. To put things into perspective I have two transfers left (3 months), we are teaching more than I ever have before, and I've never felt so involved and excited about the work. Don't get me wrong, I had strived to be focused and hard-working my whole mission, but now with the finish line visible, it's made me enjoy and appreciate this all so much more. I'm also glad I still have as much time as I do!


Photos: Some of us from the Okinawa zone before the transferring missionaries left, Elder Mismash and the Teruya's who came to say goodbye the night before, and our wet weather BBQ beach party before it started raining.


No comments:

Post a Comment